"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Nesting..


Hard to see in this pic, but the college erected some stands along the creek and the Canada geese actually chose to nest in them.  Above is a distant view.


We crossed the creek for a closer look.  I should have taken a shot of the father goose.  He was on the ground hissing at us.  But I was probably 10 feet away from mama goose here.  She was wary, but calm.  I love seeing the downy stuff in her nest.  I would have LOVED to see the babies newly hatched or even seen eggs, but that didn't happen. 

Stay tuned tho....in a few days, I'll post pictures of the goslings.  There were at least 3 separate families with over 10 babies total.  SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment