"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Geronimo!

I joined a new group on flickr called "Get Pushed". Each week that I decide to participate, I'll be paired with another photographer. We are to look through the other's photostream and come up with a challenge intended to push the other to try something new. My first partner has a large collection of jump shots...and by large I mean over 100 shots. She's putting together a book, including jumps with her mayor, police chief, etc. Fun idea! So, naturally, noticing the utter lack of action shots on my stream, she issued a jump challenge to me. Thankfully, it wasn't a requirement for me to be in the shot and I was able to use students. Emma and Seth were such good sports to run and jump when it was over 100 degrees. Of course, they had to do it repeatedly until I got several shots in focus. :) I added my new photo prop in for fun. Don't you love this umbrella?

I actually put together a collage of several jump shots for the challenge, but I won't post it here because it won't show up well in this format. The pictures are just too small. If you'd like to see it, it's on my stream. There's a link on the main page of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment