"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Come to me...

When I explained to my Get Pushed partner about the difficulty I was having with the freelensing assignment, he was kind enough to issue a different challenge...a levitation shot. I'd been wanting to try one anyway. Thanks to Caroline for modeling! Check out my new vintage camera! The brownie cameras were manufactured in the 40's and sold for app. 2 dollars...some of the first truly affordable cameras for the average consumer. I have no idea how to work it or even if you can buy film for it, but it makes a great prop, no?


The levitation shot was easy. I took 2 shots of Caroline, using a tripod and asking her to stay as still as possible. In the first shot, I had the camera setting on a stool in front of her. In the second shot, I removed the stool and camera and shot Caroline standing in the same pose as in the original shot. In software, I layered the shot with the camera on top of the shot without. Then I used a layer mask to "erase" the stool from the top layer and reveal that portion of the photo beneath. Once I had the camera "floating", I created a subtle drop shadow to the camera.

What do you think? Does it look believable?



1 comment: