"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Don't worry, bee happy!

I generally don't have my camera with me when I'm out, but was hoping to stop after a meeting at a park last week for my "in the distance" challenge. Imagine my delight when I happened on this fence covered in trumpet vines! I stopped for a few shots, but didn't realize till I downloaded to my computer that this bee had flown in the frame. How nice of him! BTW, he wasn't showing up too well because he was caught in the shade. But I had a go-round in PSE which I think worked really well. I selected the bee, then hit control J which put him into a new layer without the background. I experimented with different blending modes until he stood out. I'm pretty sure I used "overlay". I used the same technique on the flowers in the foreground to make them pop. It was simple and created sort of a backlight which I thought worked really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment