"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, November 10, 2013

And this would be why....


...we will not be attempting an extended family photo session this year.  lol.

I actually love this shot, in spite of its technical flaws.  In fact, I wound up using it for the 52 Week Project theme of "strength".  Jenny asked me to meet them to take photos for their Christmas cards the day after our failed Halloween portraits of Abigail.  So Kara and I went with fear and trepidation, wondering what Abigail would be like.  As it happened, she was very cooperative for the first part of the session.  We got the ONE shot of all 4 of them that we needed and a whole bunch of really cute stuff of Abigail and Hannah.  We pressed our luck when we decided to walk to the cool bridge there for a few walking photos.  There were other photogs there, so I had an image in my mind to try while we were waiting for our turn.  My intent was to shoot all four of them lined up on one focal plane...holding hands.   Pretty close to what you see here, but they would have all been in focus.  Abigail, of course, had other ideas.  She simply cannot understand why we ever stop walking once we start.  Clearly, she was ready to go again. lol. I just love how real this photo feels...Everyone including Hannah waiting patiently, and little Miss charged and ready to GO, full of strength and determination...looking like she's thinking "stop me...I DARE you."  And she was right...this was our signal to leave.  As much as it can frustrate me, I love Abigail's spirit.  It will be fun to see how she channels that drive when she is more mature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment