"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gentle giants...

And finally, my favorite animal... It was awesome to hand feed them and so cool that they had babies! An interesting fact from our guide: the giraffe is the only animal that gives birth standing up. The baby's 6 foot fall stimulates breathing. Also, the males are much darker than females (as you can see here).
I don't think wildlife photography is really my thing. I prefer people, but we sure had a fun day. It was good to get out of the city and enjoy God's creation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, wildlife is not my favorite either!!! You did good with the giraffe shots. Isn't it fun how close they get, the hand feeding is definitely the highlight!

    ReplyDelete