"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hard light...

A few days ago our challenge was "hard light". I'm typically looking for soft light, so it was an interesting opportunity to learn. Hard light is direct light that leaves strong shadows and falls off quickly across the subject as opposed to soft light that wraps subtly around the subject. I SO wish I'd had a live model that day, but had to resort to this little porcelain figure instead. It was a gift from my family the year I started teaching. I think it turned out pretty well, tho' it took me a while to figure out how to do it effectively. A few days later, our challenge was "soft light". I SHOULD have used the same set up with different light, just to compare. That would have been interesting. So...maybe I'll do that one of these days. BTW....my lighting here was a flashlight that I waved over the subject from the side during a fairly long exposure. (high tech! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment