"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Games Grammies play...



We took these at Jenny and Nathan's the night we celebrated Nathan's birthday.  I set the camera up and Kara does a great job snapping away.  I'm trying hard to capture pictures of Hannah with all the people she loves, even me (ugh), because I know that someday that will be important to her.  I actually love these, because they look so natural.  Hannah and I have a game we play together.  I lock her in my arms and tell her she's my prisoner.  Once in a while I let her escape, but she always comes back for more!  Jenny said she's even started referring to herself in the third person as "prisoner".  ("Prisoner is taking a bath now", etc.  HA HA!!!)

Now, here's where you can help me.  I'm very on the fence about the processing on these.  I usually convert portraits to b/w if there is some kind of color clash/distraction in the original or if I can't get the skin tones right because the white balance or exposure is off.  Hannah and I happened to be matching that night, so no problems there.  I have to say I really like the b/w tho'.  It's timeless and it seems to bring the focus to the faces...especially in the bottom pic.  I'd love to hear YOUR opinion tho'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment