"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, April 14, 2012

You're such a fake!


Shot this for a challenge of "white background".  Always tricky to get the exposure right on those.  I purposely overexposed and thought I had a true white, but when I processed it still seemed  a little grey....so I fixed it in software.  Sadly, when I did that, I lost the subtle reflection I had (it was shot on clear plexiglass over white foam board).  So...I did a little research and learned how to make a fake reflection.  I think it turned out pretty well.   And it made me laugh when all my flickr friends were complimenting me on the cool reflection....cause I didn't tell them it was fake. Mum's the word!  :)  BTW...this is columbine, my favorite perennial from our garden.  Robin gave us a bunch of this about 8 years ago and most of it has gradually died off.  I've tried several times to photograph it and found it really difficult.  Each blossom has a lot of depth to it and requires a pretty small aperture for detail.  Plus, it is really small and delicate, so the slightest breeze sets it in motion, messing up my focus.  I never can get a fast enough shutter speed for a clear pic.  Don't know why I never thought to pinch a blossom and bring it indoors.  Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment