"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Solar eclipse 2012...


I've been WAY too busy the last couple of weeks, packing for our upcoming remodel.  (2 rooms almost packed...only 4 to go.  Arg!) I hadn't even taken my camera out of its case in a week....first time that's happened in over a year.  But we had a great opportunity Sunday night when Kara and I got to see the partial solar eclipse, a.k.a. "the ring of fire".  It really was cool!  We tried about 30 min. before this shot, but the cloud haze was too thick. I'm glad we went back to our hill for a second try.  We ALMOST missed it, so I didn't have time for a tripod or to mess with settings much.  I did discover that purposely underexposing seemed to make the ring of fire more evident. 


I love this silhouette of Kara shooting as it sank below the horizon.  I upped the exposure a little on this to capture a few more colors.  Do you have a favorite?  I like them both, but for very different reasons.

1 comment: