"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Remodel, Pt 5...

I've been trying to save the most dramatic changes for last. 

BEFORE:  Looking from living room towards kitchen.  The shutters on the left were a pass through to the former "wet bar", which I used as a music library for my teaching.  Our contractor's suggestion was to tear down the wall between wet bar and laundry room to create a larger, more usable space.  SO SO thankful we did this.  The wet bar ceiling was originally 6 feet and laundry room was 8 feet...so he had to raise the ceiling, add a new panel to replace the shutters and close up the door from kitchen into wet bar, as well as cap off the water supply to what had once been the wet bar sink. 


AFTER:  Love that we don't have any of the dark paneling anymore.  Also loving that the floor is the same through most of the house now.  Love how it flows from room to room...much more cohesive.  Makes the house feel bigger to me.  And I love how the light reflects off the floor too.  
 

BEFORE:  Laundry room.  Truly no good way to take this picture as the space was SO small.  It would have been slightly better with the zoom lens tho'.  lol


BEFORE:  Wet bar...again really tiny room and very limited storage because of those shutters.


AFTER:  Laundry room/music storage/pantry.  I think this was one of our most dramatic changes.  LOVE LOVE the light in here and the high ceiling.  We installed a solar tube in the ceiling...less expensive and more energy efficient than a skylight...great for small spaces particularly and brings in a TON of light.  All of the cabinetry is custom made, so we had all shelves in this room made adjustable.  The area above the counter is for my music and CD storage for teaching.  The cabinets on left are pantry. The 2 drawers to the left of the little fridge are made for hanging files for more of my music.  Awesome!  Not pictured:  the laundry area (with cabinets above washer/dryer).  Lovin' the tile floor on the diagonal too.


We also updated the bathroom that adjoins this room, but I have not taken pics of it yet because I'm waiting for my mirror to be finished.  Love having a counter in the laundry area for the first time. It is my GOAL to keep it clean.  Hope I can keep things put away!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment