"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, February 23, 2014

My valentines...


I have not blogged in almost a month.  If you remember my last post referred to a fall on the ice.  As it happened, I fractured my sacrum in two places and have spent much of the last 4 weeks flat on my back.  The doc projected a 3-6 mo. healing time.  Ugh.  At any rate, I have not been chasing the girls around with my camera like usual and can only tolerate short periods of time at the computer for processing.   I am trying to gradually get back into the swing of things.  I took these on Valentine's Day.  They are not particularly high quality, but at least they preserve a fun memory.  Kara bought me a little cookie decorating kit with 5 heart cookies and prepackaged frosting and sprinkles.  I was thankful, because I wasn't really up to baking yet and the girls are not patient enough for big projects anyway. This was just enough for them to have some fun.

They sprinkled...



and sampled the sprinkles...


 "Look Grammy, it's a heart..."



Finished product....
 

So proud of herself!


All in all, a fun day!!  And I love having little girls to celebrate!

BTW....if you are like me, you may not know what the sacrum is.  I had to go to the internet for an anatomy lesson.  Follow this link if you want to see a diagram.  http://teachmeanatomy.info/back/vertebral-column/diagram-of-the-sacrum-coccyx-and-pelvic-bones-2/

Or you could just be like my doctor and express it in layman's terms:  I broke my butt.  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment