"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New lens...

I liked Kim's hot shoe flash much better than my on camera flash but decided, for now, I'd rather buy a faster lens for low light. LOVE it!!! Shot this wide open (f/1.4) so the DOF is super shallow. Maybe too shallow for portraits? Better be sure my focus is right on! And I'm guessing I'll have to close down some if there's more than one subject. At any rate, I'm looking forward to experimenting.
Caught this in a chance moment when she glanced up towards the skylight as Jenny was dressing her. Love how the DOF turned our ratty old carpet into a soft, warm background. And yes, I am so in love with that face and those gorgeous baby blues!

2 comments:

  1. Love this shot!! I'm curious to see if you can get those same results when she's a busy toddler. That's when nailing your focus will be much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! That looks like a professional shot no doubt about it!

    I love the focus, the simple background and those blue eyes...oh my!

    I'm a little jealous my portrait lens is only a 1.8.......

    ReplyDelete