"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, January 6, 2012

Introducing....

Abigail Lee...8 lb. 9.1 oz. and 21" long. She looks remarkably like her big sister.


She's not entirely sure she's glad to be here (yet). She cried a lot this morning, but was very happy in the afternoon and evening IF someone held her. :) We're going to cut her some slack for now, since we know it's a big adjustment coming out of the womb and into the world. lol


Hannah is doing well staying with us. She was happy to see Mommy and Daddy and Abigail. She is already very capable of tuning out Abigail's crying while she plays. :) It's going to be fun to watch her learn to be a big sister. She's going to be a great one! We are so thankful for God's mercy in giving us these two precious gifts!

BTW...these pics are far from perfect, but I was pretty happy with how they turned out considering they were hospital pics. Looking back at Hannah's baby pics, it definitely made a difference finally knowing how to control dof and shoot with natural light. VERY happy to have my 50mm as I did not need flash at all. Also, I shot everything in RAW today, which was a first for me. I'm not sure yet if it's something I'll continue. I'm going to try it for a while. Kim had mentioned it being more work, but I'm not sure I agree.

I tried shooting a couple pics in RAW about a year ago and was unable to open them in PSE. I needed a plug in that I just never bothered to download. I couldn't even see the pics in the organizer because PSE couldn't read them. WEIRD. Just for grins, I tried again last night...and voila....no problems. This is a little newer version of PSE and it worked easily. If I have any hesitation about continuing with RAW, it is only because the files are twice as large as jpg. They take a little longer to open and download and they'll take up more space on the hard drive. Decisions, decisions! I'm going to stick with it for a few weeks and evaluate later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're trying RAW. It just doesn't float my boat..yet. Maybe I'll try it again one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shots BTW!! :-) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to everyone! So, cute!

    ReplyDelete