"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, February 18, 2012

If I can't hide behind my camera....

...I'll hide behind this tree!! lol. Shot for the challenge of "self portrait". I find these extremely challenging, so I forced myself to do it. Aside from the obvious dissatisfaction with personal appearance issue, focus is a whole other challenge. I mentioned that to my photography group and someone gave a great suggestion. Set up your tripod where you want it, take your camera in hand and stand/sit where you want to be in the photograph. Using autofocus, focus on the tripod from that location. Then without moving, slide your camera into manual focus. Take camera and mount on tripod and theoretically, that SHOULD work. I haven't tried yet. But I'm hoping it will make it easier the next time I have to do one of these. I'm not really into self portraits, but they can be a good way to practice lighting, etc. when you can't find another willing model. I actually kind of like how this one turned out. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment