"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Only you can prevent forest fires...

Shot for the challenge "Handle with care". This song made me think about how carefully we need to choose our words:

Our tongues are like matches
Our ears are like trees
Our words are like sparks
On dry summer leaves
It doesn't take much
For the flames to rise
And turn a soul
Into a forest fire
(Forest Fire by Josh Wilson)

Even the Bible says, "And the tongue is like a fire." (James 3:6)

How many times have I cut someone down with my tongue only to regret it later. I wish I could take my words back but, sadly the damage has already been done.

BTW....SO thankful I didn't burn our house down getting this shot! I wasn't sure how quickly the matches would catch and thought it might get out of control...but it fizzled as soon as I took the shot. Old matches I guess. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment