"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Reenactment...



Other than general groupings of family members, there was just one request from my client for this session:  to re-create one of their maternity poses (but with the baby, of course).  So I whipped out my iPhone to reference the original photo on Facebook and we gave it a whirl.  

Original photo here.  I couldn't decide if I like the exact same crop or the wide angle.  So I did both, lol.  Then they can have some choices for a photo grouping. 

BTW....this reminds me of a photo challenge we had one time to "copy" a photo we admire (giving credit to the original photographer, of course).  That was a fun challenge, but I remember being surprised at how difficult it can be to try to duplicate even one of my own images a second time.  There's no way to get the exact same light and I even think we see things differently depending on our mood when we shoot.  It made me appreciate even more how truly unique every photo is.  That said, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out...especially since they forgot to bring the wooden L this time.  Ha ha!  Yep, I "shopped" it in.  I don't know that it's perfect...so shhhh....don't tell and maybe no one will notice.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment