"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, October 7, 2013

F is for F hole...



Can you believe it's already week 40 on the 52 week project?  The theme this week was "a letter of the alphabet".  That actually left things wide open.  Somehow, having that much freedom made it harder for me...too many choices.   But yesterday, Kara stopped by after rehearsal so she had her cello in the car.  Ah ha....F holes.  I know it looks a little like an S, but it's called an F hole.  It serves to project the sound by allowing the sound board to vibrate more freely.  I just love all the texture and character in her beautiful cello...along with all those beautiful curves.  Just wish this post had an audio button.  BTW...I shot this by my piano, up against our white paneling, but I switched out the background in PSE for a low key effect.  I'm really happy with how it turned out. 


And then I decided to get fancy and try a bit of mirroring.  I kinda love this too...so graphic.  The only weird part is that it doesn't make sense how the light is falling since it's opposite on both sides.  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment