"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gold...

The other day our challenge was "gold". I'd already shot every interesting piece of jewelry I own, so I was wracking my brain for ideas. Didn't have much time that day, so I wound up shooting a gas can and calling it "liquid gold"...especially at these prices. Funny, but not such an interesting shot. Thankfully, it was still light when I finished teaching that day, so I headed to the hill at Richland College to see if I could catch some sun flare. While I was there, the sun was setting. I stepped back to include the tree in my shot and got lucky...5 boys headed over the hill to play basketball and I was able to catch their silhouette. I really love this shot...love that you can clearly see the boys' limbs ...also that 3 were walking towards me and 2 away from me, so their sizes are different and adds a depth to an otherwise "flat" photo. I learned something too....this kind of shot seems to work better with a small aperture. I don't think the image would have been as graphic if I'd shot as wide as I usually like to.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's at Richland. Great job in creating a great shot where you wish you were walking over that hill to see that beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete