"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Great Eggspectations update...

I'm making progress on Hannah's dress. Kim, I'm hoping this shows better what smocking is. Every stitch that I take fastens the pleats together to hold them in place. When it's done and I remove the pleating threads the smocked portion of the fabric is stretchy...almost like elastic. And the fabric beneath the smocking will fall into gathers (like the bottom of so many little girls' dresses). I've finished the smocking entirely now and just need to get busy constructing the dress. Wish I had a few more hours in each day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Barb! I understand it a little better now, and have to say WOW, that's a lot of work! :-) But it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete