"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chocolate Covered Blessings

A few weeks ago Jenny and I got to have lunch with a dear friend and her little boy (who'll be 3 in a few months). We missed seeing Luke's big brothers who were at school, but loved getting to know this little guy!! What a cutie!! After lunch he stood at Jenny's front door chanting, "I want to get in the car. I want to get in the car." Carolyn was so confused by that and then she remembered....

She'd promised he could have some candy after lunch and (you guessed it)....the candy was in the car! ☺ I loved watching Luke meticulously unwrap his slightly melted Hershey kisses. In fact, I've decided I'm pretty much in love with pics of kiddos from the back...
...or from the front (especially with chocolaty smiles)... ♥ ♥ ♥
I don't think I got the exposure right on the following pic but included it anyway for two reasons:
  • I love the side lighting and want to experiment more with that!
  • I cherish these sweet friends! ♥ ♥ ♥
God brought our families together 10 years ago for a very unique purpose...one I still don't fully understand. Yet I consider it one of the greatest blessings of my life to know them! Through disappointments and joys, they are living by faith and not by sight. Carolyn said it well: "...worry and fear aside, we delight in standing in the middle of God's sovereignty." What a heart! God must be smiling. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment