"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Drum roll please....

OK...I have a confession to make. I've wanted to start a blog for a long time, but couldn't justify any real reason for doing it. Here's why:
  • My kids are grown
  • I don't travel much
  • I work at home
  • I'm not facing a health crisis
  • I have no desire for any sort of platform.
  • My day-to-day life is, for all intents and purposes, rather mundane (a.k.a. boring)....which is how I LIKE it!
PLUS, there was my fear of looking like a copy-cat. . . But cue the drum roll!...I've decided it's time to get over myself and just try something new! I don't know that I have anything original to contribute to "blogdom". There's a good chance I'll be copying someone (Kim), but hopefully they'll (she'll) be more flattered than annoyed. I don't know how often I'll post. I may start out like gangbusters and fizzle, but I'm at least taking the first step!

One disclaimer: I tried to come up with a clearly defined purpose for this venture, but I'm not really sure how it may evolve and couldn't narrow my focus (hence the blog name). I think I'm a little ADD (my kids are thinking "a LITTLE?"....remember the dogs from the movie UP?....."Squirrel!!!!")... Anyway, I'm giving myself permission to set broad parameters. I'm hoping this will be a good venue for sharing photography attempts or stories of our quickly changing granddaughter with my mom who doesn't use Shutterfly or Facebook. But who knows? I may also write about things I've read/observed or journal about what God is teaching me. There's a good chance I'll go down a few "rabbit trails"! Still, I think I'll have ONE reader (thanks Mom)! To anyone else who may follow... thanks for that and I'll try to keep future posts shorter!

Finally...a few pics. Jenny, Kara, Hannah and I went to the Arboretum last week so I could experiment with my new camera lens. LOVE it! I took a TON of pics....ALL manual (big step for me), experimented a lot with depth of field, made a BUNCH of mistakes, but had fun and learned a little. Here are my favorite "isolating" shots (Click on any picture to enlarge):



2 comments:

  1. Barb,

    What kind of camera and settings are you using for the above pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg....Nikon D-5000 with an 18-200 mm lens. Focal length 200 (I was about a foot away from these flowers)...f5.6, 1/160. It was sunny, so ISO 200.

    ReplyDelete