"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandmommy's Hands

A couple of weeks ago I had my first opportunity to try shooting a little girl outdoors. Meet Ella! She's the daughter of a former piano student and currently my neighbor. (You know you're getting old when you start having "grand-students")! Ella just turned one and is naturally curious about everything in her world. I was happy with these pics for a first attempt, but know I have so much to learn. In hindsight, I think I should have used my polarizing filter. It was a bright day and the sun was high. I also need more practice shooting a moving "target" before Hannah is mobile! I did love having my new longer lens though, because it allowed me to just hang back and let Ella "do her thing"....no need to get in her face.
What really struck me that day was Ella's "Grandmommy" and her loving protective hands. Ella wanted to wander, but Sandra was always there to gently lead her from the street to a safer place. I know my sweet friend will be just as attentive to guide Ella's heart in the future. What an awesome responsibility and privilege we have as grandparents!!! I'm challenged by Deut. 6:6-7 - "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your HEARTS. Impress them on your children (and grandchildren). Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." I pray that God will help me be a good example for Hannah and to consistently, lovingly guide her in HIS way!

No comments:

Post a Comment