"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Exercise in reflections...

Decided to play with reflections and dim light of Christmas tree. Too lazy to break out the tripod, so we won't talk about how many shots I had to dump. :) Don't care for this first shot... posting just to make a point. I'm learning how important it is to experiment with different angles, lighting, and composition. My original thought was to shoot a reflection of our tree...The ball is sitting beneath my violets and there's a table lamp on above that. Dislike almost everything about this...the composition, the dinky Christmas tree, and myself trying to create a makeshift tripod with arms/legs. :) The only thing I like is that "canopy" of violet leaves at the top of the reflection.
I thought it was magical when I turned off the lamp, added extra ornaments and shot with the tree in the background instead. Here's my original with my reflection in the image (could not figure how to avoid that)....
...and after editing myself out.
It took a while since I was in front of the french door...had to figure out how to re-create the panes since reflections on this round surface have a fish eye distortion. Oh yes...be impressed with my cloning skills....just don't look too closely! :) I definitely like the "cleaned up" reflection better. How about you? If I get a chance, I'd like to try this idea in daylight. Just curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment