"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Herding cats...

I'm grabbing every opportunity to practice on people, so I offered to try some pics for a former student's Christmas card. You may remember Kade, the baby I shot a few weeks ago http://split-focus.blogspot.com/2010/11/baby-kade.html . Meet his family! With 3 children under 4, their daddy was right when he said it would be like trying to herd cats! :) Oh my, it was hilarious!!! Ella (almost 2) kept trying to roll over on top of Kade, or Emma and Ella would walk out the door to run down the street to their grandmommy's house. There were a few scoldings and tears and lots of laughter. I loved it all!

I'm posting a few of my faves over the next few days. Think I loved the candid captures best...the ones when they were trying to manage the girls. I just held my finger on the continuous shutter release and thankfully caught some moments. Their wardrobe was beautiful and colorful, but these candids just seemed to scream for b/w.

Do you have a favorite? Bottom is mine! Wow! It's challenging to photograph groups! I don't think there was even one time when everyone engaged with the camera. :) BTW, experimenting with more blacks and contrast in my b/w. I'm diggin' it. Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. B&W is OK but I tend to like sepia more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom one! I love that pic. So natural... real life! You definitely captured a moment!

    I need to practice on more people, but everyone seems to hate their picture taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about no one wanting their pic taken. :( I have to beg. And yes...b/w is in photoshop. I don't shoot in RAW, but open pics in the RAW window of PSE to edit...then tweak in the regular edit window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I'll have to play with my PSE.

    What lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shot these with my 50 mm. f/1.4 (fixed) portrait lens....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love the bottom shot. None of them are engaged with you, but it still makes for a great shot! That is probably what their life is life...non stop and going in all different directions.

    Excellent work on the conversion.

    ReplyDelete