"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Favorite things...

Lisa inspired me to haul out the tripod to see what I could get with only the tree as a light source. Have to say how much I love these compared to years past pics using flash.
I made these in the early 70's...still remember sitting at my sister's kitchen table to paint them. :)
My aunt made this nativity for us the year we first met her. I think she made 6 sets that year for my brother and sisters and mom/dad. Each one was unique. My mom and dad bought the stable in the Holy Land a few years after that.
OK Lisa, I tried getting the starburst on the lights too...not so hot....

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what a pretty living room. Excellent job and I'm glad you pulled out the tripod...it's such an effort, but totally worth it.

    If I figure out how to do the star burst w/lights...i will certainly share the technique.

    Kim has statues similar style to yours. I believe they are from a family member too?

    My favorite of these pics is the mantel shot with the carolers you painted 30+ years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shots too! I love the carolers and the tree shot. Love the nativity too. All beautiful! Great work!

    Lisa, mine are from my Grandma. Just posted pics of them tonight. And I figured out the star burst thing. Check out my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete