"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Berries and bubbles...


I saw this idea a while back and have been wanting to try it.  Wasn't exactly sure how...so I started first with a raspberry in water, but there were very few bubbles.  So....I tried 7 up.  Tons of bubbles.....but the carbonation made the berry go crazy...twirling as you can see below.  I needed a very small aperture to get most of the bubbles in focus, which meant the shutter speed was slower.  Made it tough to get a clear shot.  If I were to try it again, I would pour the 7 up and wait 20-30 minutes for it to go a little "flat" before shooting.  Live and learn!



You can see that I did some manipulating here too...to create what I hope is a cool illusion.  The top and bottom photo have been flipped vertically.  The berry was actually mostly submerged, but flipping made it appear to be floating on top.  I took the illusion one step further in the bottom pic by erasing the bubbles from the top part of the frame and adding them to the lower part.  I kinda think it works.

Do you have a favorite?  Mine is the top one...love the way the bubbles are bursting out from the berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment