"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Not exactly gourmet...but fun!

One of the things I enjoy most in the new kitchen is cooking with Hannah!  A couple weeks ago, I asked her if she was coming to see me for our traditional "Grammy Day" the next day.  She said "Yep....and you're going to take pictures of...."  Yes....Hannah is in the habit of asking questions by just leaving the end of her sentences.  Like....'We're going to....." or if we say "no" to something, she says...."because....." and she waits for you to fill in the blank.  lol.

At any rate, I got to thinking about her question about pictures.  The week before had been monkey photo day for Abigail.  Those are really important to Jenny, so we spent a little time trying to get a good one.  I understand where Hannah's questions came from, but I felt pretty convicted too.  I don't want to be remembered as the Grammy who always had the camera in front of her face.  I want to be sure to participate in life with Hannah and Abigail.

That's why we made playdough and took a walk that Friday.  The following Friday, we made "corny dog muffins".  Now that Hannah is almost 3, I hope to do something special with her most weeks while Abigail is taking her morning nap.  Hannah enjoyed making these muffins ...and she really liked eating one!  I'm sure they're not the most healthy, but I thought it was a cute, kid friendly idea.  I love her little hand smashing the hot dog down!  :)

Recipe: 
 thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/?s=corn+dog+muffins&submit=


No comments:

Post a Comment