"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Autumn meets winter...


We had a big ice storm hit Dallas yesterday.  350,000 homes without power!  We were fortunate to have power, tho' we lost our internet, TV, and phone for several hours.  Thankful to stay warm.  I did venture out for a few minutes with my macro hoping to capture something special.  Must say I was not feeling very inspired...perhaps I was not in the right frame of mind.  However, when I saw this single leaf on my Japanese Maple, I knew I had found my "magic".  I just love this riotous color and the collision of seasons.  Shot for the very belated 52 project theme of "earthy".  Not normally what I would think of for earthy, but I did read that one definition is "uninhibited"...and the way this red stood out among all that white yesterday, I think this qualifies!

No comments:

Post a Comment