"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday blues...

Thought I would post a few of the photos from yesterday's collage individually, since they were too small to really see her expressions.  This is her first view of the cake.  "Wow...what's THAT?"  lol


She immediately went to touch it, got icing all over herself and got upset.  Such a surprise!  Really not a happy camper!


And this is my all-time fave.  What a face!  Don't you just want to hug her!!  And we did...right after the pic and a bath!  lol

BTW...you should have seen my living room for this little adventure.  It's too cold to shoot outside with no clothes on....so we moved our furniture all around and Jenny and I spent about 30 minutes draping the back of one of the sofas and our floor with a roll of plastic tablecloth material.  I cranked up ISO and shot as close to our skylights as possible. That's the redneck version of a photography studio!  :)    Wish I'd taken a pic of the set up...pretty funny.  TONS of blue masking tape.  But it worked!  This is also the first time I've added the rounded corners in PSE.  It was easy and I really like how it softened the overall "boxiness" of the collage.  I don't see myself using it a lot...but for this, I really liked the effect.  Oh ...and on the crying photo in the middle, I moved Abigail about 10 inches closer to the cake in post processing.  She was too far away in the original for a square crop.  So yay me for learning something new.  Pats self on back!  ha ha!  Of course, it would not have worked if it had not been a clean solid background.

Finally..Jenny assures me that Abigail went home and played quite happily that night.  She was not at all traumatized by her cake experience!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment