"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, February 11, 2013

Models have rights too...


I really want to take natural portraits...so, if it's not a candid, I try to let Hannah make choices about what she wants to do.  There are days when our conversation might go like this:

Hannah:  I'm not going to look at you.
Me:  OK
Hannah:  I'm not going to cooperate.
Me:  Aww....really?
Hannah:  Nope, I'm not going to smile.
Me:  That's OK.  I don't really want you to smile.  Can you just look out the window? :)

Can you tell she's learning to assert herself?  That's OK.  I'm trying to make it fun by listening to her and not frustrating her.  Of course, we DO try lots of silly things to get her attention or make her laugh.  But it's OK with me if she doesn't smile.  The smiley shots are fun (if they're not cheesy)...but I love serious shots of kids too.  So go ahead Hannah...YOU choose!  Either way, thanks for letting me capture memories of you at this sweet age!  And yes, you may have a sticker!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment