"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, February 14, 2013

"You can observe a lot by just watching"...


Love that quote by Yogi Berra.  Too funny!  And it was made for Hannah who is always in the mood to observe.  In this case, she was watching her G-Pa do yard work.  The child notices EVERYTHING and I love that about her.  And oh yeah...she learned a new word last week...."Why?".  Fun times....and it's challenging us to think!  :)

I usually avoid shots like this because it's almost impossible not to blow out all the highlights.  But I've been inspired by some photos in my 52 weeks group and decided to experiment.  I shot at all different exposures...even tried layers in post process.  I actually was able to achieve a pic that was properly exposed indoors and outdoors that way.  But, surprise...I actually wound up liking this blown out version the best.  I love how the light wraps around her ...can't you just imagine what it feels like?  So.....I'm gonna try to get out of my box more often and experiment with unconventional light.  Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment