"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, February 8, 2013

The gallery...


I finally decided what I wanted to do with the walls in our family room following the remodel.  Hey...it only took five months!  :)   I was pretty sure I wanted to do a gallery wall, but which photos to choose?  As you can imagine, there are hundreds. I decided to focus on candids that showed people connecting.  For now, they're mostly Hannah shots, but as Abigail gets older, we'll switch some of them for photos of her.


Close up of same wall.  I love the words.  They are vinyl and were really easy to apply.  And the great thing is that I can remove them very easily as they simply rub off.  I don't know that any of this is the perfect arrangement, but I'm happy with it.  Love being able to see our "babies" when I'm relaxing in our favorite room.


One final view.  I bought the white mantle shelf from a carpenter on Etsy. Thought he did a really good job and he matched our paint formula from our wood trim.  It's weird (and kinda great) having things on the wall after such a long time.  I should mention that the only reason I got this done when I did was because our contractor was sending his photographer out to take pictures for his website.  Ha ha!  It helps to have a little motivation!  Can't wait to see what she shot.  We're supposed to get photos and a video at some point, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment