"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kim & Andy sittin' in a tree...♥

OK, they're not in a tree, but they're definitely in love! I had a fun morning at the Arboretum a couple weeks ago with these two after they announced their engagement. Kim's mom is a friend of Jenny's and asked me for some pics. I was the one traipsing around with nothing but my camera, while the real photographers had their tripods, reflectors and lighting equipment. :) I learned a few things tho' and enjoyed shooting someone who actually wanted to have pics taken. It was harder than I thought, trying to help strangers feel comfortable enough to look natural...gave me even more respect for the pros.
I tried for a blend of posed vs. candid and my faves were moments like this when they thought I was just setting up. Love the rim light on Kim's hair...Wonder if I should have tried exposing for the light coming through the fountain and used flash tho'. Instead, I moved in close and metered off their faces. The fountain is overexposed. What would you have done?

1 comment:

  1. I love these shots. I think you can try to meter and try to do this and that, but sometime, you just need to shoot the pic. I think it becomes more of a moment then.

    ReplyDelete