"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Perpetual motion...

Sometimes, I just want to SLOW DOWN!
Ever wish life came with one of these??
This started as a quest for a unique shot, but got me thinking. I have a little sign on my desk that says "Be still and know that I am God". (Psalm 46:10) It's especially meaningful because it was a gift from a dear friend who died suddenly and unexpectedly. It's a poignant reminder of how fleeting and unpredictable our time is in this world. I'm still far too focused on temporal pursuits. I want to develop a heart anchored in the eternal. I want to be still long enough to dig deep spiritually and engage in a genuine, intimate relationship with my Creator. I want to stop talking so much and learn to LISTEN!! And I want to invest time in my family and friends in a way that will have lasting significance. I want to get off the hamster wheel and spend time on what really matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment