"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Architecture challenge...

We had to shoot architecture one day for the challenge, something I had never done before. So Kara and I headed down to her church (Park Cities Baptist)...a beautiful facility. I took a LOT of pictures...probably about 80 and most of them stunk. I did really like some of them tho' so I'll post those today and tomorrow. Of course, I had to get a steeple shot. Such a cool clock/bell tower!
And I'm loving the flare. I do still use my hood...but not ALL the time. Too much fun to play with the light.
And finally, one of my faves. Laid down on the concrete for this one to get a forced perspective. I was happy to figure out how to solve some of the technical issues in post processing. In camera, either the sky was blown out or I lost all detail of the column in shadow. I wasn't using a tripod, so couldn't do a bracketed exposure. So in post, I made a duplicate copy of a shot with the sky properly exposed and lightened the copy significantly. Layered the 2 photos and used a layer mask to reveal the properly exposed column underneath. Not sure I'm explaining that well, but it worked like a charm and didn't take long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment