"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer has filled her veins with light...

I've been experimenting more often with different light situations lately...trying to learn how to plan an image instead of just shooting and hoping for something good. I've been playing with lens flare and sunbursts. Tried this for the challenge of backlit and was pretty happy with how it came out. Definitely a more interesting image than what I normally would have done. I wish I could have captured larger lens flare, but this was shot at high noon....WAY too much light for the open aperture I'd need for that kind of flare. I'll have to try again sometime closer to golden hour. Shout out to my student Caroline for being my model!! :)
(quote by C. Day Lewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment