"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, July 23, 2011

High key...

Shot for the challenge of "space". I decided to try a high key photo...very different for me. It was easier than I thought. I shot with a white foam board beneath and behind the subject and used clear plexiglass beneath for the reflection. My light source was a window. In post processing, I ran a Coffee Shop action "back drop fix" which helps whiten and brighten the background without blowing out the subject. I think some photographers do high key work with special lighting equipment. Since I don't have that (and don't want it anyway), this works for me. I have decided I really like images with a lot of negative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment