"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Friday, December 14, 2012

25 Days of Christmas [Day 12]


The last shot with my macro before my tripod fell over and went crashing to the floor.  Glass EVERYWHERE...but I think my lens is OK.  At first my camera was giving an error message, but it righted itself after turning it off and on a few times.  It seems the UV filter was all that broke.  SO THANKFUL.  Just hoping I can still thread a new filter on.  Bob had to PRY the old one off as it was significantly dented and wouldn't screw off.  Time will tell, but I think I dodged a bullet this time. 

BTW...this candle holder is a fond memory from my childhood.  My mom had one like it and I always enjoyed watching those little angels spin from the rising heat of the candles.  Was not exactly sure how to capture it photographically...not really sure I got it, but best I could do.  A slower shutter speed definitely captured the feeling of movement, but I could never catch the angels in a good position to make them recognizable.  Tried this shot in daylight and at night.  Night was a total flop...this is broad daylight, believe it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment