"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sunflower girl...


Taking a break from playground pics to post Week 25 of the 52 week project. Theme was "bright and happy".  I was so excited to learn about this sunflower field up near Jenny and Nathan's, so we took a break from packing to go see.  I was disappointed in most of my pics...but loved this one.  There were a TON of people there... most of whom were standing IN the field...which meant there was no way to take a clear wide angle shot.  All blooms were facing east, so shooting into the sun was my only option.  While I love some good backlight, that was also the direction ALL the people were standing.  One woman and her friend were in the same spot for the whole hour we were there, shooting pics of each other.  Really annoying.  I heard on the news a few days later that the owners of the field were completely frustrated that people were trampling their crop.  I would like to say that we stayed on the edge of the field solely out of respect to the owners, but it was really because we had flip flops on and were afraid of critters.  lol.  I had hopes of going back to take some wide angle shots at sunrise.  Doubtful anyone but photogs will be there then, but with the busyness of the move it's not likely to happen.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment