"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunshine on her shoulder...


I used this for week 23 of the 52 week project.  The theme was "shadows", which frankly did not inspire me.  It had been a very busy week with lots of shooting, but no time to give any thought to the theme.  I shot this on the first day I was experimenting with the rental camera and when I downloaded it, I just loved the feel of it.  Something about the light and the expression on her face just grabbed me.  It felt like it was screaming for a caption, then I remembered the quote by Helen Keller.  So, there you have it...week 23.  ALMOST halfway through.  BTW...I did buy the new camera.  Picked it up yesterday.  Battery is charged, but I am making myself complete some work before I allow myself to set it up and start playing with it.  You have no idea what a feat of restraint that is.  lol.  Also, it will be a while before too many shots with the new camera show up on the blog. I have plenty more to process that were shot earlier with my D5000.  Still a good camera...and I will keep it for now as a back up. I expect Kara will use it sometimes for her travels and it will be fun to teach her a little when we go to the Arboretum, etc. together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment