"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Swan Goose

I was awed by the beauty of a swan goose at Duck Creek. She was completely graceful in the water...so much so, that I thought she was a swan. But I did a little research and learned the truth. She did a little fishing that day and I had to include this shot just because it tickled me (even tho' it's not as sharp as I would like)...Guess NO ONE looks graceful in a booty shot!
Every time she came up, she'd spit out water. (If you click to enlarge, you'll see the stream) ...love the water droplets on her head.
I thought she got lucky once, but this was probably just a hunk of wood she caught...
Everything above was taken my first day at the creek (without the polarizing filter). The shot below was on the second day (with filter). I still can't decide which I like better. With the glare on the water above, she looks more graceful....like she's effortlessly floating along. But below, sans glare, you can see how furiously she's working (which is also pretty cool). Love the water bubbles in this pic and her position with her wings up. What a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment