"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The other "grandchild"

Bob likes to say that I'm "shooting everything that moves" these days. My only defense is that I don't know any other way to learn to be a good photographer. That said, Kara gave me a new photo op when she asked me to try shooting her sweet kitty. That's right, it's time to pay tribute to my other "grandchild"....the 4-legged one! Dolce truly is a beauty...more photogenic than KC (but don't tell KC I said that). Her ticked fur is fascinating and her eyes...mesmerizing. She lives up to her name (translated "sweetly") in EVERY way. I thought she performed very nicely for her photo session. She even gave Kara her standard kiss on the nose when I asked her to.
And, once again, I learned what NOT to do. I thought Dolce would look so pretty on a colored background and brought a red blanket with me, but later learned that red casts a strong reflection on your subject. Kara and Dolce both had a distinctly reddish cast in most pics. (If you look closely above, you can see that Dolce's chin is a little pink). Thank goodness for editing software! I was at least able to correct Kara's skin tone and I kinda like the below pic converted to black and white (a different solution).
The shot below is another happy accident. I was hanging off the edge of Kara's bed. Dolce got curious about that and stared at me hard. Her blanket just happened to be in the background and I love the way it picked up the color of her eyes and even her pink collar!
And for once, I held the camera steady enough to be able to crop a close up of those eyes! Amazing, aren't they? God does BEAUTIFUL work!

No comments:

Post a Comment