"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Web-footed friends. . .

I just learned about a little treasure in the heart of Richardson, not far from where we live. Duck Creek Linear Park was once nothing more than a glorified drainage ditch, but has been converted into a beautiful walking/bike trail. I enjoyed going there during my lunch break yesterday and today to see what I could shoot. I was amazed at how many varieties of birds I saw...various ducks, geese, swan geese, an egret, and even a couple of exotic birds. It was a great place to practice on things that MOVE. (I was happy to capture anything since the last time I tried this, EVERY shot was out of focus). It was fun to see how social these ducks were, particularly the two below who seemed to be good buddies. Love the way the current looks here with the angle shot...Gotta try that more often! Don't you love the markings on the little guy out front?
Finally caught a little action. . .
I took the above shots yesterday, when it was partly cloudy, without my polarizing filter. The image below was taken today in full sun with the filter. Interesting to see the difference... kinda fun to see beneath the water, but I also like the way you can see currents and water movement above with more glare. (Decisions, decisions. . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment