"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Surrender...

Shot for the challenge of "sadness":
Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and then, when you have accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." -- Victor Hugo

Sadness... What a difficult concept to photograph! All of us have our own story of deep sadness, too complex to adequately capture through a lens. I can't imagine how to portray the private pain that is "sadness". I chose instead to focus on what I discovered through my own most intense season of sorrow... There is a treasure in the trial. Through painful experiences we come to learn what is really important, what is true and real, and who we can trust and rely on. In the wake of personal tragedy, my heart was consumed with questions. It was my "mission" to understand why. What I learned is that some questions won't have answers this side of eternity. But, somewhere in the journey, "why" lost its importance. I know Who healed my heart. I trust Him and it is enough. There is great peace in that, which I tried to represent through the one green leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment