"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Great day comin' up!

I'm trying to get more comfortable with self portraits, so I'm working my way into it slowly...one toe at a time. lol. Aside from wishing I had a more attractive self to work with, I find them really challenging to focus. I like to shoot wide aperture, which means my margin for error on focus is small. I'm gradually figuring out tricks that work pretty well. I'm also trying to experiment with light. I like this hazy light that makes me believe it's first thing in the morning. It wasn't...and most of it was added in post. It's amazing how much the quality of light affects the mood of a photo. I know this probably seems like a weird shot. It was for the challenge "superstition". Not being a superstitious person, I had to do some research. Apparently, it's bad luck to get out of bed on the opposite side that you got in. I was clearly getting out on the "right side of the bed" so it was bound to be a good day. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment