"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, June 13, 2011

Today's post is brought to you by the color yellow...

I'm getting backed up on photos, so I'm going to post several today that at least follow a color theme.

Hannah loves her new lawn chair and can climb into it herself. Now, we just need to teach her how to climb out. lol. She also loves the game where she takes her bow out and hands it to you, then lets you know she wants you to put it back in. (Repeat indefinitely... and be sure to keep an adorable expression on your face so your mom doesn't get mad)
She hugs all her toys...especially the soft ones. :)
This was shot for the challenge "a burst of color". I was bummed that day that the sky was very dark. It was impossible to shoot the kind of vibrant picture I was imagining. So I decided instead to play with backlighting on these cosmos flowers. I actually love how it turned out. Love the lattice bokeh, the reflection in the vase, and even how the criss-crossed stems mimic the lattice. I just wish I'd picked that ONE petal that's covering the center of the flower on the left. It bugs me now! :)

2 comments:

  1. The one thing I LOVE about flowers is that I love their natural beauty... even if a petal is in the way. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is the color of the day.....feels like summertime! My favorite is Hannah in the yellow chair hugging her stuffed toy.

    ReplyDelete