"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

May the road rise up to meet you...

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
(Irish blessing)

Our challenge was "adventure" and I'm the least adventurous person ever! I'd been wanting to do a railroad track shot for a while tho', so I headed to a spot not too far from home. It was almost time for school to start and I got a kick out of every school bus that had to stop on the tracks. Yep, busloads of kids staring at the strange lady walking back and forth on the tracks with a camera and tripod. I really like this shot. Still learning how to get the focus right on selfies. Here's how I did it. See that long piece of straw just behind my feet? I set manual focus there, set my self timer, then made sure I stood right above that straw. And ta da...it worked! BTW, this is in the middle of a residential area. I've taken pictures there before and never liked them, because of the alleys on either side of the tracks. But, I learned something...changing my perspective really helped as I shot from very low on the tracks. And I cloned a few trees in the distance in post processing. Cheating, I know...but who wants to look at garbage cans? lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment