"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Originality is overrated...

In the nature of full disclosure, there is nothing original about this post. It's a blatant attempt to duplicate Lisa's beautiful Iris pics. (Check out her originals at http://lisacphotography.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-04-16T17%3A20%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7 and scroll down to the 3rd and 4th shots).

I tried first on Robin's rare pink iris.
Have to admit I like the deeper colors better tho', so I trotted out to Jenny's where her neighbor has a garden FULL of different varieties. I don't like any of these as well as Lisa's, but am still fairly happy with them.
Including what Lisa calls the "hairy tongue"...Say "Aaaaahhhh"!
Thanks to good neighbors with gardening skills! Do you have a favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Why thankyou for the amazing compliments. I am flattered. You have done an outstanding job with your own Iris' photos. My favorite is the "hairy tongue"..... and second fav is the right right above it :) I think the deep purple and greens go nicely together. I find it funny you too went to the neighbor's yard for subjects..... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete