"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Servant

I've never known anyone so faithful to serve as my husband. Bob is ALWAYS working...always industrious....always resourceful. I've been wanting to shoot his hands for a while, but needed to wait for an opportunity when he was fairly stationary (rare!) without gloves. I'm not exactly sure what he was doing here, but think he was taking apart old rusty hardware from the gates he replaced to soak them in a solution for restoration. Like I said....resourceful. I really like both shots...the grit and industrial feel here (tho' I'm not lovin' the white in the background...looks overexposed)...
and the lighting and composition here, (my favorite, I think). Just wish I had included a little more of the tub in the bottom of the frame...would have been more interesting to see the blackened solution....rats!
Click to enlarge for details. Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the vertical shot. Even with the small area overexposed, I think it is very good. I like the lines on his hands, dirt under the nails...the details make it a very industrial look. Looks like a shot you would find on a Stock Photo Site (for sale).

    ReplyDelete